How do i know if my sand is dead

Discussion in 'Sand' started by kimberly, May 3, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kimberly

kimberly Astrea Snail

kimberly

thanks , i need all the help i can get .

2. Click Here!

3. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

You need to actually read the threads people are posting for you. You need to read up about tank cycling and how a saltwater tank functions instead of hopping on a forum and telling everyone to fix your problems for you. It sounds like you are not educated enough about how this hobby works, and unfortunately that will only lead to more problems for your tank. This forum is here to help you. Go read the stickies and do your research. Next time you have a problem you may just be able to solve it yourself.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. kimberly

kimberly Astrea Snail

kimberly

you dont have to be so rude. i dont know how to get to stickies. and no i dont knoe anything about saltwater tanks. sorry i sounded so stupid that you had to insult me . but i do thank everybody for their help. ill go elsewhere to find info if im not good enough for your forum . thanks again

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

No don't.

You do not sound stupid. We are happy to help you out, no worries. Everyone one of us started some where, and were new at one time.
    :)

6. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

im going to put this in a more polits way but he had a valid point. when i first started this hobby i had no idea what a forum was. i did my research and had a great tank. im just saying it doesnt seem like you have done near enough research as you should have before hopping into this hobby. it takes time and commitment. your on the right track tho.

1 person likes this.
  7. kimberly

kimberly Astrea Snail

kimberly

thanks corraline, just got my feelings hurt thats all, i dont know anything about saltwater when i bought it i bought fish , water , tank and all, never had to do anything to it except top it off with water, then i killed everything and had no idea what to do so i turned to this forum for help. most everyone has been very nice and helpful . i thank you for that. and by the way what are stickies and how do i get to them.

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  8. Click Here!

9. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

this is totally just plain mean ....ppl are here for help not ur opinion if u dont have the answer there is no need to wig out. sorry ur having a bad day

10. Corailline

Just keep coming back and doing the research, you will get there. Forums are a wonderful source of information and guidance. Everyone once in awhile you hit someone on a cranky day, trust me sometimes I am the cranky one.

11. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Hi Kimberly,
    I think you should start with soft coral. They are much easier to care for than other coral. Soft coral include: xenia, leather coral, mushrooms, anthelia, zoas,palys, and A LOT MORE ;)
    Has your tank cycled yet?
    I think you should purchase some books on coral and marine fish. They really help and can make all of the difference in this hobby.

This book is great to learn about marine fish
    Amazon.com: A PocketExpert Guide to Marine Fishes: 500+ Essential-To-Know Aquarium Species (9781890087388): Scott W. Michael: Books

This one is great to learn about coral and the hobby in general
    Amazon.com: The Marine Reef Aquarium (9780764160233): Phil Hunt: Books

And this one is great to learn about Inverts
    Amazon.com: A PocketExpert Guide to Marine Invertebrates: 500+ Essential-to-Know Aquarium Species (9781890087661): Ronald L. Shimek: Books
    You do not sound stupid at all. Everyone on this forum started this hobby knownig nothing. Good Luck with the tank!
    JJL

12. Corailline

A sticky is a thread that is informative.

It found under the Forum option on the border right next to Home.

They are located on top of the different forums, like New to the hobby.

The blue lettering you see in the post are links you click on them and they take to another site.