How do I hook up an ozone generator with my skimmer?

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by SeaGirl, May 4, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SeaGirl

SeaGirl Astrea Snail

;DThanks Tangster! I feel better now. I'll look into that Red Sea unit after all! I'll e-mail Fins Reef about my H&S skimmer--they've got great customer service--and ask them how I go about connecting an ozone unit to my skimmer. Thanks so much for your help!!:biggrinbo

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

What model skimmer do you have ? Oh I liooked its a 150 take that little airline lookng hose that can just be replaced with some silicone ozone resistant airline from the skimmer pump to the R/S outlet nipple on the 03 Generator. Thats its the skimmer pumpstill pulls in its air jat as always but the air will have one 0'2 Molucule alterted to make ozone 0'3

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  4. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Hey SeaGirl, do the research on ozone, if you dont do it right, you can put your household in danger. Plz read up on it before you go and buy one. Luna

5. SeaGirl

SeaGirl Astrea Snail

;DThanks guys! I'll definitely read up some more on ozone, and I'll really give it some serious thought. I appreciate the honest advice!