How do I grow Coralline Algae?

Discussion in 'Algae' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Nov 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

Thats why they said sorry if I am hijacking your thread, no biggie im sure someone will come around that knows the answer and get back your thread.

2. Click Here!

3. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

T5? any light that could grow soft coral can handle coralline algae

4. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

well cant he just make up his own thread?

5. Clonefarmer

Clonefarmer Millepora

Red coralline algae grows slow and is hard like a crust. Red slime algae grows fast and can be blasted off surfaces easily.

6. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

yes but a its a quick question, it happens all the time. Don't worry about it, they could make their own but it will just clog up the forums while it could just be answered right here. i am sure that there are tons of threads on how to grow coralline and lighting requirements for it on the forum or just websites, you could of just searched and found one instead of starting a new thread. This is a pretty common question and think it could of been answered easily with a simple google search

7. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

ehh now you're antagonizing me... well i just needed to know if there were any special lighting requirements

8. Click Here!

9. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

I answered your question correct? I am not trying to antagonize you, I am simply making you aware of why they asked a question on your thread and that it is a common occurrence on here.

1 person likes this.
  10. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

no such thing as too many threads lol thanks

11. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

Yes there is, I am not saying anything derogatory. Just that when I and many others see the same exact question over and over pop up on the home page it gets a little irritating especially when it is simply answered with one forum search.

12. macon77

macon77 Fire Worm

To address the original topic, I have found calcium gluconate to be excellent for promoting coralline algae. One of the Seachem calcium supplements is comprised of calcium gluconate.