How do I get my clown to host my anemone

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by amberj, Oct 15, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

Try dimming the lights, soft music, and some privacy. Maybe some flowers too.

Sorry, couldnt resist.. The booze is getting to me tonight...

2. Click Here!

3. amberj

amberj Astrea Snail

haha @ double2mk

As for the type of anemone: bubble tip

Like I stated before - the clown is TINY and I dont want him to get eaten, but its just kinda funny seeing him rub up on stuff that he isnt. You can tell that is exactly what he is doing..... I'd just rather have him rubbing on the anemone as it is what he is supposed to rub on, rather than "upsetting" my other corals.

4. karcury

karcury Astrea Snail

Well, since it is a juvenile, perhaps if you tell it to host to anything but the anemone it will do the typical juvenile thing and rebel, thus hosting to your anemone! Just speaking from experience . . . I have two daughters. . . :)

Actually, before my cute little clown, Katie, died from the evil Ick, she happily hosted to our torch coral! they both seemed ok with it.

5. Scubagator87

Scubagator87 Skunk Shrimp

i bought an LTA for my mated pair of false percs....and they haven't even looked at it! its been months but oh well, they found a nice spot that they live in and the anemone is cool anyway. I guess wait and see. You might have more luck with the bubble tip

6. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Look if it was tank bred ? then you maybe would have a easier time to get it to take toy your sofa ? But then again maybe it will choose a coral or clam ? Just let it be and give it a few weeks or a month or so.. You would fined it easier to leash train an alligator then trying to train an clown to host with any anemone.. And as I said if it was tank bred ??? Good look they mostly just swim up and down in a corner of their choosing.. But it could host on a rock ?

7. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

8. Click Here!

9. stepperbabe

stepperbabe Astrea Snail

Hello, if the clown is a tank raised he was never taught by his parents to go into the anemone theirfore he may never go ,but he may its a wait & see thing ,some times if the anemone is sick or not heathly then he wont go in no way to tell, but time.Good luck

10. longballz84

longballz84 Spaghetti Worm

maybe is you squirt food in the anenome it could make the fish venture in...

ive heard that tank bred ones are harder to get in them, but i find it hard to believe that you can breed out such a natural inclination...IMO

11. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

12. longballz84

longballz84 Spaghetti Worm

why are the most genius things almost common sense? that picture idea is pretty neat...