How do I frag Zoas?

Discussion in 'Frags' started by GitsieLouWho, Sep 14, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Zoanthus Gigantus. The easiet kind to frag. For those, I use wire cutters, razor blade and cuticle clippers(you can get them at walmart if you all dont have them).

Take the wire cutters and cut as close to as many polyps you per frag. If there are gaps between polyps where there is tissue, use the razor blade and cut the tissue so if the rock shatters, it wont rip apart any polyps. If you have polyps close together, use the cuticle clippers to seperate them.

Scraping them off with a razor can and will damage the bottom of the polyps. If you see a dark brown goo come out from a polyp, might as well toss it out, cause it will die.

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

So, when you mean "cut as close as you can to the polyps" do you mean as close to the top of the head, or as close to the rock at the base of the stem?

4. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

nah I mean cut the rock as close as you can to the polyps.

5. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

OK, LOL, I thought thats what you meant. Just wanted to make sure before i went and did something dumb ;D

We are going to give it a go next week. I'll post some pics and let everyone know how it went.

6. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor