How do I fix my ammonia level??? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Information' started by Lezhope, Mar 12, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Lezhope

Lezhope Plankton

I just checked the ammonia level in my tank today and it's at 1.0 ppm. Thursday we did a ¼ water change, and added some stuff the fish store told us to use (Prime by Seachem????) we used the correct amount they told us to use too???? And yesterday we added stress coat. My fish are totally happy and I feed them once a day 9 little pellets for 9 fish.

What the hell am I doing wrong???? Please help this is so frustrating!!!!! My fish are so cute I don’t want them to get sick and die!!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Have you cycled your tank properly? How new is your setup, and how many (and what kind) of fish did you add at a time?

4. Reef Lover

Reef Lover Sea Dragon

What size tank do you have?

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

WELCOME!!!first of all to 3reef.
    I would make sure your tank cycled through ok as stated above. Do another water change(partial). Possibly place some ammonia remover in your filter. Very important to know how many and what kind of fish +size of fish before we can really help ya. Also, I would cut out or cut down on using pellet foods as they are higher in phosphates and nutrients for the water causing a decrease in water quality. I like using frozen food stuff and occassionally, some dried seaweed and vegetable(spirulina) flake food for some added vegetable matter especially for my Tangs.

6. GINNY

GINNY Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

PRIM is the best stuff out there for ammonia , nitrite ,nitrate . Clean your fillters
    then Do 1/2 water change to your tank .then double the dose of PRIME . in 24h do your test . Your tank should be good .