How do I feed my open brain coral?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by JJL, Feb 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

I have a nice open brain coral that i got very recently. I have been feeding it freeze dried krill ( What i feed my frogspawn and Torch coral). When i try to feed it the krill just floats to the top. I have already tried squeezing the air out of the krill but it just does not work that well. The brain does not seem to be taking the food like my torch and my fromgspawn do. When i put food on the open brain the krill just floats out. Suggestions on what to do? How do i feed my open brain coral? Thanks!:)

2. Click Here!

3. macon77

macon77 Fire Worm

You might try feeding it small pieces of silverside. Also, some mysis shrimp seem to float, but some sink.

I do hope that helps.

4. Tyspot1000

Tyspot1000 Plankton

The open brain coral actually feed at night. It extends it's tentacles after dark. Just feed it a piece of prawn, fish, etc about one hour after lights out. Place the food inside the ring of tentacles, and it should partially close up and ingest the food within a few minutes.

5. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

i just feed the tank a teaspoonish of cyclopeeze and the whole tank eats..and some liquid rotifers and oyster eggs and fish roe for hard corals and clams..and feed the fish fresh fish

6. tank1970

tank1970 Bubble Tip Anemone

+1 I use a turkey baster an put a small piece or two of squid and just drop it in the middle or on the tentacles. I only feed my guy at night.