How can I make my Zoanthids grow faster?

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by bl**dydrivers, Sep 24, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Infantry1327

Infantry1327 Fire Shrimp

I target feed mine mysis and brine shrimp and they have been growing like crazy. My cleaners also try and steal food, So i distract them with a burst on the oppisite side of the tank then I target feed the outer zoa's.

2. Click Here!

3. bl**dydrivers

bl**dydrivers Astrea Snail

I shop at more than a few places, 1. BigAls in Tamarac University & McNab, 2. Beverlys Pet Center University & Pines Blvd, 3. Age of Aquarium University & Sterling (now closed) 4. Aquatic Jewels Sterling & I95 5. Blue Seas Aquarium University & Sunrise and 6. House of Fins south Dixie Hwy in Palmetto Bay.

I have more than a few options, it all depends on what i need at the time and what direction im coming home from work.
    Any nice places in Boca?

4. yvr

yvr Skunk Shrimp

I believe that zoanthids really benefit from iodine supplementation, I have found that iodine helps to improve and enhance colour as well as overall growth, more rapid multiplication seems to be another benefit from continued use;although some may disagree. From my experience, I think that they prefer a tank with elevated Iodine concentrations at approx. .06ppm. and I dose with TM Pro Coral Iodine.