How best to "Introduce" BTA to tank?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by omard, Oct 28, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Well I've had a BTA for about a year. I have a mated pair of percs hosting in it. Now it has become too big for my little 75G. I'm thinking of a new Cube tank just for the BTA and clown fish or getting ride of it and the clowns.
    It has grown so big that things that never used to get stung now are. The BTA took up residence in the exact center of my tank. Both horizontally and Vertically. To much real-estate for one creature.
    I'll let you know what I do with it.

J

2. Click Here!

3. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

That sounds awsome jackets! Please post a pic!!

4. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Some additional notes on acclimating.

It is best to introduce the BTA without interference from a clown fish as they should be added later. After a good slow drip acclimation, turn off all pumps and powerheads. Place the anenome on a rock with the lights off and allow it to attach to the rock with out any water flow. After an hour then start turning your lowest flow pump on and then one pump every fifteen minutes. After two or three hours you can turn the lights on. Your anenome will then move to where it wants to be over the next month. Once it is situtated, hasn't wandered for some time, and is eating krill or silvesides, then you can add a clown fish for it to host.

5. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

craig that is the best anemone acclimating advise I've ever heard! I acctually had a thread before about this same topic and never got that but that makes total sense!
    Do you think that how much an anemone eats is a major factor as to how big it will get?
    How often do you feed your anemones?