Horrible Algae Problems

Discussion in 'Algae' started by iceman, Feb 2, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. iceman

iceman Fire Worm

Idk i am doing an experiment to see if its the water i use is bad and ive never made a water change with distiled water would you use stress coat.

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

NO! with all due respect bro, it is your water! May not be 100%, but prob 90%! I wouldn't add ANYTHING but salt to your new water! We need to get crap outta there, not add to it! Did ya ask your mom about working off the money for the RODI?;)

4. iceman

iceman Fire Worm

She still says no but dad is thinking about it.

5. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

did ya lay out the math for them? it will save ya cash! work dad! show him the website and ask him how he thinks these work and which one he thinks is better! That will get him personally involved and competitve! lol

6. iceman

iceman Fire Worm

See that does not work with him you have to go slow he will eventualy say yes.

7. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

its ur dad, u should know how to work him by now!lol! My dad, ya get him invested in something he doesn't know about and he'll buy it just to learn!lol

8. Click Here!

9. iceman

iceman Fire Worm

Well i did a water change with distiled water and it was astonishing my PH went to 8.3 - 8.4, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 0 . the water was deffanitly part of the problem.

10. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

how big of a water change did ya do?lol! pretty hard to drop trates to 0 with 1! But glad its already helping! Just give it 3 or 4 and wait! you'll be pestering your parents for a RODI till they give in!

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

whats your clean up crew?

12. iceman

iceman Fire Worm

They wernt that high to start with i did a 5 gal water change and i have arround 5 nassarus snails 1 asteria going to get more about 15 hermits and a coral banded shrimp.