Holy tenticles!

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by ingtar_shinowa, Jan 10, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

ill do my best tonight to get some guys

2. Click Here!

3. ingtar_shinowa

Turns out my camera is a tough camera so i could just put it underwater. sorry im such a punk lol. I always forget about that!

4. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

POST PICTURES!!

I've seen my Stunner Chalice put off 2" tenticles several times, not as often as I'd like but when it happens it's really interesting! Usually it's tenticles are about 1/8" but once in a while they shoot out over 2". Wish I knew what caused this because it means to me the chalice is probably super happy or trying to see if there is another coral within growing/water flow distance

5. ingtar_shinowa

I would thin its searching rather than feeding. I have two other chalices on the same frag rack.

6. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

Do you mean searching other corals for warfare? That was my thoughts after it didn't seem likely the tenticles were that stretched for feeding.

Luckily my Hollywood Stunner Chalice is on a rock all on it's own.

It's one of my favorite peices and looks so amazing under my actinics

7. ingtar_shinowa

Here is a pic of my chalice frags with lights, and one in 'the dark' to show the tentacles. The feeder tentacles reach all the way from the Miami Hurricane to the watermelon some nights its crazy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

10. ingtar_shinowa

Wish that nerite wasn't in the way lol

11. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

It tripped me out a little, at first glance. You can move them with a mag float along the glass with a little practice. :) I do it often. You simply have to scoot them fast enough they don't notice, and only so far or else they'll notice.

12. sharoleb

sharoleb Bristle Worm

Very cool!! I love to watch my tank at night. I have a flashlight with a little red cover on it. My maze coral is the one I've seen w/ the longest tenticles. There is a small favia about 4-5 inches away that has been slowly dying over the last several months. I just recently realized the maze tentacles get that long! Too bad the maze is not taking out the blue clove polyps that grow right up to it's edge.

I always say I'm going to feed my tank at night so all the cool LPS can get some, but I never do. Maybe something to work on this weekend. :)