Hollywood Stunner- Too Bad

Discussion in 'Coral' started by 55gfowlr, Jan 4, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Almost one month later....

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Compared to the image in your avatar it looks to be growing very well. Looks like it's in the very same spot and now growing close to the edges of the rock.

Congrats it's pretty coral.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Congrats, that is some great growth, color is looking very good.

5. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Thanks, ...
    I've been watching the bump in the center, and it gives a good perspective of how much it grows. I can say for a fact, since I secured it to the rock with glue, it's been growing much faster. Stability has been the key factor. When I just had it set on the surface, and the occasional accident would happen, there was far less growth. I've got another photo of a streamer I'll post later, that reaches 3 inches out. That makes all the difference in placement with these guys and other corals. Still, when they outreach their spacing, frag frag frag....

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Make sure that the sweeper can not get to other corals or sweepers from other corals can reach the Stunner.

7. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

BAD NEWS......

Last week....(or so)
    [​IMG]

This morning....
    [​IMG]

And Tonight....
    [​IMG]

I'm not posting for an emergency support, I understand that things like this happen. For the best we can gather, lighting is to blame here. I noticed two weeks ago a small piece on the side start to cave in, but there was no explanation. Perams were all in tact, so I guessed it wanted to start plating a different direction in that spot. But then 6 days ago it started to show skeleton, and still, all perams were in spec. I blamed it on some construction I've been doing around my house, and dust falling into the open top (stupid I then thought to leave it open, although, my frog spawn and all my softies were looking fine....)
    But this morning I saw one of my Bulls Eye mushrooms take a Geronimo off a rock it's been on for 8 months, and that got me thinking, and made me look at my light recording, (cause mushrooms only move for light needs) and realized my bulbs were 12 months old.
    I can only hope that I fragged it in time.
    Once again, any help is way out of perspective, but I can only learn from this and hope I've reacted in time. I'll update in a month.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

So sorry.

You seem to be making all the right decisions.

I have had this happen to corals I loved that were well established and never figured out the cause.

Good luck to you.

10. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

What a bummer, hope the frags pull through.

11. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

Thanks, I was able to save about 6 good pieces. Of which, I think at least 4 are going to make it.

12. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

sorry to see this :(

On the good side, you know that once you get it stabilized it grows real fast!