hitch hikers on live rock

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by Maxx, Dec 2, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Maxx

Maxx Plankton

I need help what has in on my live rock. it is too small to catch a picture of but do my best to describe what I am seeing. In a very small crevice in a piece of live rock I have what appears to be two tentacles reaching out in search of something. I've seen brittle star before and it looks a lot like the arms of a very small one. but I understand it Could
    be bristle worms. The arms or body are covered with bristles, also looking banded with black and white. can anyone help me figure out what I have? iI cant see much else does appear to have the round body of the star but I can't be sure.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. cj5_dude

cj5_dude Flamingo Tongue

I posted a thread almost identical to this one just a few days ago and the consensus was it's probably a brittle star.

4. oBEA5To

oBEA5To Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Hard to give you a definitive answer without pics. I have micro birttle stars in my tank there tiny and real thin tentacles. mine usually never ever come out maybe once in a blue moon but bristle worms will come out alot more then a micro star will from my experience