High Performance LED Kits from RapidLED

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

My question is where do I get the kit to build this thing? I am just starting my FOWLR 125. I think I could build this thing. Sorry if this was answered earlier I check all the replies. Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

It's on their Web site... go to first post and hit the link.

4. Strickland_673

Strickland_673 Fire Shrimp

Ok got a quick question for the LED gurus out there. I'm ordering a RapidLED DIY kit in the VERY near future.

I don't have a reef angel yet, but is something i will definently be getting in the further future. Can I get the P driver and run it without a controller until I get one?

5. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Level of output current can be adjusted through the dimming control function.
    When there is no signal sending to the control wires (open circuit between the two control wires), the power supply
    unit will operate as 0V (D-type) or 0% duty (P-type) of input signal and hence the output current will be zero.

Basically, that means no. You have to have a signal to get any output.

You can build a PWM driver from parts at radio shack fairly cheaply. Then, when you get your RA, you can hook it up to that.

6. Rapid LED

Rapid LED 3reef Sponsor

Actually yes you can but you'll need a power source. If you attach a 10V power source (or something like a 9V wall wart) to the driver you'll get 100% of the current output, which is 1.3A (factory setting). You can easily adjust this by turning the SVR2 knob inside the driver down to whatever level you want (under 1A for CREE XR-E's).