High Flow/ Deep Water Sump/Refugium(updated pics)

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by SPINNER, Oct 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

I am lucky

Thank you dog12, i can't wait to fire it up also, been working on this build since March. I am lucky to be able to have a build that takes almost 20' of wall space since i don't have a little woman saying "NO WAY" not in my house:) lol
    A few of the things i want to show is the difference a High Flow system will make on coral growth and aquarium health. Also how fish act when a refugium really is feeding the main tank. My 8" reacters are being set up High Flow with a new way to feed water to them not used in our hobby yet(i said yet):) The 4" reacters are set up normal(per our hobby thinking) but have the ability to High Flow also. I am very excited about this build and hope to share many new things with my 3reef family!

Happy ReefN,

2. Click Here!

3. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

you fired this bad boy up yet?

4. stook

stook Astrea Snail

Whoa looks crazy. Keep us updated :)

5. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

Not Yet:)

I am running a little behind couldn't do much in December and DIYing so much stuff is taking more time than planed. New start up date is end of Febuary for sump and March for DT. On the 30th of this month i pick up my rock it's 300lbs weight with only six Macro rocks so i can carve my reef structure planning on this taking a month.

Thank you for your input!

6. fishyfinder

fishyfinder Teardrop Maxima Clam

Looks Awesome! And the avatar picture is too. ha I am a huge Led Zep fan.

7. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

Very Cool

Thanks fishyfinder, that's neat that a young man such as yourself would be a Zep fan. Back in the day we didn't have the stuff like today but we had butt kicken 8 tracks, 420, Coors, and our royal leaders Led Zeppelin.8)

8. Click Here!

9. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

414-242 I really really look forward to what you plan on sharing with us! I really love the cow water trough idea as a sump/fuge and am very excited to see this thing fired up and running!

10. Ashevillian

11. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

Pump ordered

Hello Ashevillian!

Getting close finally:) I ordered my main pump and should have it next 5 days. I ordered a Dart Hybrid with Balder motor and can finally hook up sump!!!!!!!!! This build has evolved into a monster and the AAA part of me wants all perfect/ so once in a while i need to step back and regroup.
    I have decided to only go with thin sand bed in main tank so i am now working on a 100 gallon remote DSB 12" high flow:) to go with my build.
    I am all so working on controled air injection system into DT several times a day but not at night.

These habitat for marine life pump stands i built over the weekend and will hold my (4) Water Blaster reactors pumps, each pump will run (2) reactors.
    I made (4) the others are red, black, and blue so everything matches AAA:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Will keep you updated and thanks for asking!

12. Ashevillian

Haven't been on 3reef in ages but was hoping you've fired this sucka up? Hope all is going well for you and your endevours, when I upgrade to a larger system this is definitely a type of sump I want going on. So much potential