Hiding Leopard Wrasse!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Lukeyhorse, Aug 14, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Thats a really LONG acclimation time for a fish from a LFS IMO. I always ask what the slainity is and if it isn't too far from mine, its a 15 minute float, followed by 2 small water swaps from the tank and in he goes, i think keeping them in the bag adds to their stress. I know this is highly debatable, but 7 hours seems like alot of stress and time for something to get out of whack.

http://www.3reef.com/forums/new-hobby/simple-rules-avoid-ich-126326.html

2. Click Here!

3. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

Have to be honest, I'm pretty much the same as you, in and out in a couple of hours, max, I used to add them to a floating breeder tank and gradually sink it until they were totally I the tank.
    Haven't lost a fish yet through this process, I just added a leopard wrasse this afternoon to my 350 gallon fowlr system. I have been waiting for him to be delivered for about 3 months, he was quarantined by the fish store and eats frozen, I added some frozen myasis to the bag and let him eat his fill before releasing him into the tank, I did have to encourage him to swim to the bottom, he seemed to freeze and stop swimming for some time, but after a minute or 2 he shot to the bottom and into the rocks.

4. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

5. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

The oldies are the besties.

I did however pop a leopard wrasse in the tank today, which I am very happy with, but now I really do need to do some housework in the tank and get some cleaning done.

1 person likes this.