Resolved Hichhiker crab. Is it reef safe?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Magnus, Jan 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Pelado

Pelado Montipora Digitata

Honestly, I wouldn't risk it.... had a crab in my rock before and it destroyed whatever came its way...

2. Click Here!

3. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Unfortunately I don't have a sump yet, my friend. I didn't know much about this SW world when my brother in law helped me out with the setup. He's been maintaining a healthy FOWLR tank for years and years, and he's old school, so I have an under gravel filter system for now. Sump/fuge is my very next investment after I get another job (got laid off from my prior one, so budget is more than tight)

I've been looking at the DIY sump proyects and they don't seem so complicated to build up until you start calculating the flow, pump sizes and in-sump skimmer, siphon and overflow.... that's when I get different opinions about how much water the pumps should push, etc. But I'll research more and probably will build a 20 gal. long sump in the hopefully near future.

4. mattheuw1

mattheuw1 Montipora Capricornis

Thats why you ask your questions on 3reef, then get opinions, then base your opinion on what sounds best. Don't be discouraged, there are just some very sophisticated people on the site that make it sound harder than it really is.

5. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

She is pretty cool looking :D (it is a female)