Hi question about led

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by hectat2, Mar 13, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. hectat2

hectat2 Fire Worm

Thank for the advice my light fixtures is a odyssea 96w not have individual reflector I ready buy I picking the light tomorrow I need to now the recommendation for starting %

2. Click Here!

3. Chuck Warriner

Chuck Warriner Plankton

A couple of other thoughts... Do you have good water movement around your coral? And are you running a protein skimmer? If your sump is deep enough, I would think you could run one in there. Some people said I didn't really need one in my 30 gallon tank, but others said they wouldn't run any size tank without one. Mine has only been up and running for 3 days, but there is already about 1/2" of crud in the collection cup. There are some great videos on YouTube on setting up and fine tuning a skimmer, which really cut down on the break-in time.

DSC reef likes this.
  4. hectat2

hectat2 Fire Worm

I running 2 hydro power head water is perfect ph.8.2
    Ammoia 0
    Nitrite 0
    Nitrate 0
    Phosphate 0
    Calcium 450
    Kh 9
    Mag 1450

5. hectat2

hectat2 Fire Worm

Finally I have my razor and I dont understand this light this thing have timer? Or have to on 0%/0% setting is crazy I running my t5ho for 10 hrs and I try to do the same with this one and I dont like to much blue in my tank

6. hectat2

hectat2 Fire Worm

Yes I have a sump I running 2 powerhead in the 26 gallon is good flow in the tank water is perfect in sump protein skimmer cheto LR water change weekly uploadfromtaptalk1426563764390.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1426563812538.jpg secon pic with t5ho
    uploadfromtaptalk1426563846356.jpg last pic with the razors but something I see today is the frog is fully extend real nice

7. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

Coral can also take a long time to adjust to changes. I remember you were having an issue with temperature swinging 4-5 degree throughout the day? That can set you back for weeks. Your coral need to gradually get used to any changes, lighting included. I made the switch from T5 to LED about 2 1/2 months ago and it took me until about 3 weeks ago to get the LEDs to full power and within the last week I am still seeing results from that change.

hectat2 likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. hectat2

hectat2 Fire Worm

Thank for the help I dont know if this light have a timer I jus go to put on a40% and b 50%

10. hectat2

hectat2 Fire Worm

How you like the change from t5 to led ? Md

11. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

I really like it. I don't like the blue washed out "windex" look so I can more easily control the color of the tank with the LEDs, whereas with T5, economically, you only change the color every 6-9 months. I like having full control over the lights and the coral seem to be responding very well to them.

hectat2 likes this.