Hi! Hope to hear some opinions! :)

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Katie Grant, Nov 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

You may want to add some more live rock in the future. Around 1-2lbs of rock per gallon. 1.5 is just about perfect. Having more live rock allows your biological filtration do keep up with the pollution from your fish.

2. Click Here!

3. Katie Grant

Katie Grant Aiptasia Anemone

Ill either be buying or ordering some macroalgae tomorrow for sure. And as for the Damsels Im going to have to find them a new home.

1 person likes this.
  4. Katie Grant

Hopefully Ill be adding a bunch more in these next 2 weeks. My birthdays coming up which means money money money. ha. Don't even have it yet and its already spent on fish supplies.

5. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

Welcome to the reef community. Next pay check is always already spent on the tank. lol

1 person likes this.
  6. Katie Grant

Exactly. Cant complain though, We do love it.;D

7. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im at work so the firewalls block the photobucket type pics, i'll look forward to checking them out at home in the morning based on the comments you already got :)

If you already have established live rock and are going to add more, I would get dry base rock from marcorocks or bulkreefsupply and save a bunch of cash. This will also prevent you from experiancing another mini-cycle due to any die-off on the rock.

8. Click Here!

9. Katie Grant

Awesome I haven't thought of that! 8)

10. brettwest

brettwest Spaghetti Worm

Hi Katie,your tank looks good.You should tell your parents that you could be spending your money on worse things.You cant get into any trouble buying fish stuff other than being broke K+ to you for getting into a great hobby/obsession.

11. Katie Grant

Thanks ;D!

And that's very true, They love it now though haha.

12. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

+1 on base rock. Just about all of my rock was base rock with just a few pieces of live rock from my 10 gallon to seed it with. Also, it's at least 1/2 the price of live rock and in a few months it will be "live rock". Packleader used florida reef rock from reefcleaners.org in his 200 gallon tank, I really wish I would have know that reefcleaners sold rock when I bought mine because thier rock is much more pours than mine. When in doubt, check reefcleaners. lol

Edit* I've never personally used marco rocks but I've read that the customer service is bad and the shipment is slow. Anyone bought from them lately?
    here's the thread where I got that info. http://www.3reef.com/forums/live-rock/anyone-used-marco-rocks-54820.html