Hi! Hope to hear some opinions! :)

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Katie Grant, Nov 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

Yeah your tank is still pretty new and algae blooms of all kinds are normal. My tank is actually about the same age as yours and I'm getting some brown diatoms and cyano bacteria blooms. Some algae in the fuge along with a good cleanup crew will help keep it under control. Your LFS might have some algae if you ask for it, but reefcleaners is the best online store to get it from.

I'm just curious, why do you keep your salinity at 1.027? Thats about the same as the ocean but with just green star polyps you could go a little lower to about 1.024-1.025. I keep mine at 1.025. Fish can go even lower than that but coral like it around 1.025.

2. Click Here!

3. Katie Grant

Katie Grant Aiptasia Anemone

I plan on getting some more coral. But the Person who helped me set it up my tank and get it going, said he keeps his salinity around that high and that he likes it better that we so he just kinda preferred it to me.

4. Katie Grant

and looks like ill be taking a trip to the fish store to see if they carry some!

5. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

Sweet. You will have to keep us updated on your new fish. We love pics. ;D

Your off to a nice start.

6. Katie Grant

Thanks! All of the information helped. :) Im pretty excited. I just wish the rest of my tank could be filled and built over night ha, but thats not how it works lol

7. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

I know. I finally hit my fish limit. Nothing else to do but add corals and sit in from of it all afternoon drinking a beer. errrr sparkling grape juice ;)

8. Click Here!

9. Katie Grant

I do the exact same thing, I could watch it for hours, minus the beer, not a beer drinker, but sparkling grape juice i can do :D hah

10. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

ur off to a damn good start...... keep it up. Always good to associate yourself with reefing friends. So they will understand your reef madness and not look at you like your crazy cause you talk about your tank all the time.

Great start keep it going

11. Triggerfish

Triggerfish Ritteri Anemone

Welcome to 3reef, I agree that you should get rid of the damsels, mine will even attack my hand. I also agree that macroalgea will help you fight your algae problem. Good job on that tank too!

12. Katie Grant

Ha exactly, They don't understand unless they have one themselves.;)

1 person likes this.