Hi everyone. First time @ 3reef

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by alfredt, Feb 8, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. alfredt

alfredt Astrea Snail

Thanks for the compliments. More pictures will be posted in my gallery soon. Please visit and take a peek.

2. Click Here!

3. alfredt

alfredt Astrea Snail

Cool, let me know if you find something. Fisson makes a nano skimmer that fits in to the 2nd chamber, but I've read it doesn't work that great and the plastic parts they use breaks easily. Tunze has a new nano skimmer coming out too.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

You'll need to up upload it to the photo gallery ( or another server if you have one ) then when you post on the forum, hit the image button - [​IMG] and paste the URL to the image. If you upload to the photo gallery, it will show the code to use below the image and you can paste that instead of using the image button - it saves you a step.

You can also show attachements by right clicking on them and getting the URL from the properties and using the image button. (I'll do that with your first post.)

(I'll add this to the FAQ now too.)

Welcome to 3reef!

5. alfredt

alfredt Astrea Snail

Cool!

Thanks Matt. :)

6. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

Nice tank, what lighting setup are you running on it?

7. alfredt

alfredt Astrea Snail

Thanks rickzter!

I am currently running stock lighting which consists of 2 36 watt PC 50/50 and added an additional 13" t5 bulb.

I hope to upgrade lighting soon.

For now I use an 8inch mirror and reflect sunlight on the clam 3X/week for about 2 hours. Just experimenting. So far the shell of the clam shows signs of growth (new white shell branching out) and my anemone seems to have increased in size a little. I do use phytoplankton.

8. Click Here!

9. Michaelr5

Michaelr5 Coral Banded Shrimp

Don't know if this will work for you, but Premium Aquatics sells this nano sized skimmer.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2006
  10. alfredt

alfredt Astrea Snail

Thanks Michaelr5 I saw that one, but have read complaints about the micro bubbles it releases into the tank. Also it has to be calibrated like every other day to get it to skim right. But for the price it's worth a try. Or I was thinking of hanging ia bakpak type skimmer on the front of the tank twice a week in the evening and take int down on the other days.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2006
  11. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Ive heard that the fission is hard to get going some pple have had luck some havent. for 29 bucks +shipping it might be something to try

12. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Cool tank!!!!I like the Turbinara on the bottom center. Are those Bubble Tip Anemone's? Expensive!!!! Well WELCOME to 3Reef!!