Hi All Nice To Be Here

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Josh.Price, Oct 6, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

No need to apologize :) I don't have anything else to do today lol.

It's hard to say that one type of lighting is better than others. There are just so many variables when it comes to different tanks.

If you do go with T5's, you would need a new fixture (I would get the 4 bulb). If you want more of a blue color in your tank, I would get 3 actinics and a 10000K or 14000K. It depends on how blue you want the tank.

The sand should settle, but I would do a water change to help combat the nitrates.

2. Click Here!

3. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

FYI, your nitrates are not much of a worry for fish. If you had a fully stocked, SPS coral tank, that would be another story! Just do your regular maintenance and keep an eye on it. It should get down to 0.

And I hate to ask, but any reason you use title case in your posts? I actually find it more difficult to read...

4. Josh.Price

Josh.Price Plankton

Sorry bad habbit i have lol, and ok which one would i need my tank size is length = 39.3/8" and depth = 15.5". the current lid on it is L= 39.5" x D= 16". Just want to make sure i buy the right appliance as it will be coming from america dont want to get it wrong :/. And I want my tank a bright deep blue just for the WOW effect.

5. Camkha1234

Then yeah I would do the 36 inch 4 bulb fixture (are you getting the fishneedit fixture?) with 3 actinics and 1 14000K. It's a 40 breeder, right? Wouldn't that be 36" in length?

6. Josh.Price

Josh.Price Plankton

morning, yeah i was going to get that fixture unless i can find one in the UK ? and as for the tank got my tape measure last night and thats the measurements from it :/

7. budsbunny

budsbunny Bristle Worm

welcome to 3Reef.com you have found the right place to learn about this hobby
    now all you have to do is read ,read,read !!!

8. Click Here!

9. Josh.Price

Josh.Price Plankton

Yeah Bunny tryin to learn alot in a very short space of time just using this forum wikipedia and anything i can get my eyes on haha looking forward to it should be perfect when im finished :) may even do a stages page of how its coming on.

10. Nuebie

Nuebie Peppermint Shrimp

Hello, Welcome to 3reef!

11. Camkha1234

If that's the case, then I would buy a hanging kit from them as well.

12. Josh.Price

Josh.Price Plankton

Ok i will look into that then, i appreciate all the help im getting from you guys, i think the first thing i need to buy is a good protein skimmer any suggestions for 1 in the UK ?