Hey all of you scuba divers!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by anpgp, Apr 4, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

So I'm going to be getting dive certified and need to get my mask/fin/snorkel, does anyone have a good brand that they can recommend?

2. Click Here!

3. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

I use Omer, and I highly recommend Cressi-Sub or Mares as well.

4. Moxtrain

Moxtrain Peppermint Shrimp

go try masks on in a dive store near you. You will find some masks will seal more consistently than others. If you can handle it get a low volume mask. They ride closer to your eyes but it will take less breath to clear properly. I dive with a cressi mask that I love. Get a generic snorkel with a red/visible band on the top. Don't get any fancy attaching swivels for your snorkel just get the double rubber ring style. Super generic but they work every time and their easy to use. Fins.....well don't get the long style freedivers. Theres a bunch of good fin makers out there. Split fins are a little more pricey but they take a little less effort to swim. The flip side of that is a small loss of power. I prefer the older style of fins. Look up scuba pro jet fins for an idea of what i'm talking about. Thick rubber rails on either side of the fins and horizontal vents just forward of your toes. These things rock if your in a surging ocean. If your in florida it's less worry but over here on the west coast I really like being able to jump off a rock and have no worry about fighting the waves away from the rocks. If you get anything that looks good to you and your still not sure you can always PM me and I could at least give you my opinion on it. Good luck though and remember to clear early and often and keep track of your dive buddy.

5. gfoot2000

gfoot2000 Flamingo Tongue

+1 with moxtrain, everyone had different body features, you have to try them on and make sure they fit comfortably, put a mask on and inhale and see if the mask stays on. make sure the mask is made of the soft silicone, not the hard rubber stuff or you'll bruise and blister your skin

6. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

7. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

8. Click Here!

9. Gboy66

Gboy66 Gigas Clam

Honestly, i use my churchills (bodyboardig fins) and they work perfectly. Maybe thats because i love them and am ised to them, but thats just me.

10. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

Mares all my gear lol