Hermit v. anemone and Starfish v nitrates

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by sharkyshark, Feb 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Take some Pics Sharky, it'd be nice to see the diff between how they looked then and how they look now.

2. Click Here!

3. sharkyshark

sharkyshark Spaghetti Worm

Pics per request. the first is the anemones in a jimmy johns cup last night, we got scared they died and took them out of the tank, they are about golf ball size down from softball size
    then there are the pics of my big chchip star (thought he wasn't gonna make it) as you can see he is takin down a piece of silverside and his tube feet look way batter
    then a couple pics of the anemones now, the tips are pinker and darker then when we got them and they have lost their "bleach" white color
    again, everyone is accounted for and ate this morning ;D we are happy

Attached Files:

4. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

I was just going to tell you that, dosing iodine or iodide will do more harm than good. I almost lost my first anemone when I read on the bottle "inverts need iodine" blah blah blah. After I dosed half the recommended doseage, my anemone shriveled up like a deflated balloon. I did a couple 10% water changes for 5 days to get the iodine back to normal. I'm so glad to hear your anemone is coming around. :)