Hermit Crab Mortalities

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by szaijan, Jul 6, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. szaijan

szaijan Astrea Snail

Thanks alot folks.

All of the info points to some type of worm, but the lack of mucous rules out the one that fits the MO. No answer back from Premium Aquatics (they have yet to EVER answer any of the e-mail I've sent them.) The mysterious deaths continue. My Conch is still alive. I wonder if someone gave me a Whelk by mistake?

2. Click Here!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi Michael,

I searched all of my emails and only found 2 emails from you. One was your rock order and 2nd was your special instructions for the rock order. I never received any other emails, so please check your email program and/or the address you are sending to. Our email address is [email protected] We answer all emails, usually the same day, but I do get around 250 emails a day and sometimes takes couple days to respond depending on the email.

thanks

jason
    Premium Aquatics

4. szaijan

szaijan Astrea Snail

Jason,

the e-mail was sent to [email protected], the address under your site's Reef Doctor! link on July 6. I will resend it to the [email protected] address.

It is still the case, however, that no one replied to my request for help with reef piece selection prior to shipping. I was very pleased with the speed and accuracy of the sales turn around I got from PA, but I have not been happy with the level of communication.

This issue, which MAY be related to a tube worm in the Fiji LR I purchased from you folks is a definite problem and I look forward to leveraging your experience in my attempts at correcting it. I do not blame PA for the problem, even if the rock does have a predator. I'm just hoping this is something you've seen before and can maybe help me figure a way out of, other than completely dismantling my otherwise thriving reef.

Michael Jones
    Premium Aquatics customer

5. szaijan

szaijan Astrea Snail

The pros at my local fish store are convinced it's a small Mantis Shrimp, which was also the first suggestion I got here. I was certain it couldn't be the case, since my LR was VERY well cured, but I am hardly an authority and the LFS owner assured me a small Mantis could easily have survived.

I've created a trap from a 1" piece of capped PVC, a cord and some crustacean meat in the capped end. I'll leave it in tonight and see what's in there tomorrow. If I find out what this is, I'll let you all know.

6. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid