Help

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Monstaman717, May 13, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Monstaman717

Monstaman717 Flamingo Tongue

I think I attached a photo but these two coral frags are not doing good but all my other ones are doing great... I have good flow and all my parameters are great...
    Idk what's wrong!!!

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

the toadstool needs a lot of flow. It looks like it has a "wax" build up. I would move it to a higher flow area to see how it does.

4. Vizzle1717

Vizzle1717 Coral Banded Shrimp

5. Monstaman717

Yea sry about that here is my one zoa which I have three the other two are doing great and this one was doing fine until three days ago where it lost some color and stays partially closed?!?!

Attached Files:

6. Monstaman717

Does anyone else have any ideas on the Zoa and/or Toadstool???

7. Vizzle1717

hey sorry !!! this time of night everyone is into sports and or dinner with their families !!

But I have seen PLENTY of Zoas take around 1 week to fully open depending on the acclimation process...

Tell us how you went about acclimating these corals?

8. Click Here!

9. Monstaman717

I sat them in there bag floating in my tank for twenty minutes then did a slow drip system for 15 mins...then took some water out of the bag they came in so it would be easier to get them then put them on the bottom of the tank for 3 days then when they all opened i moved them to the rocks where all stayed open except these?!?!

:(

10. Vizzle1717

OH !! dont worry about it then !! if they were at the bottom and ALL opened then they must just be getting used to the flow/lighting in that area !! Or at least, thats what my experience tells me. Where are they in the tank? how intense it the light and flow??

11. Monstaman717

My toadstool is RIGHT in front of my Koralina nano....my zoas are on the otherside of the tank with decent flow..... I also have three Skkye lights with 6 10000k whites on each and 4 lunat blue on each...

:)

12. Monstaman717

Any other ideas or just give it some more time and then if no changes ill ask again?????

:confused: