help!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Algae' started by ghut300zx, May 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

Just read through this....can't remember what the readings were exactly but if the ammonia is between .25-1 that will kill fish real quick. I would do a good size water change with at least some bulk water bought from the local market, much better than tap. Also keep in mind your lfs may sell ro water.

Correct me if I'm wrong but he could probably add a couple crabs to work on the algea right? My crabs and snails were like the only thing that survived my ammonia spike after my last move :-( I wouldn't add snails yet though...

2. Click Here!

3. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

No... If there is live sand & live rock, then he needs to have his lighting on as if he had fish in it. This will speed up the cycle process & live sand & live rock needs lighting. Also as I stated before, he needs to add a clean up crew.. Nothing crazy as of yet, but some snail, hermit crabs & such.. Again this will improve his cycle. Do a little reading on my 90gal build thread & see how fast my tank cycled & how soon I added fish & coral. :)

4. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

okay thanks :)

5. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

When I was talking about RO systems.. :) That was going off subject with starfish's problem.. I didn't want to hijack the thread.. ;)