help!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Algae' started by ghut300zx, May 5, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Yikes! I don't recommend ever using tap water. They tend to add fluoride as well. I hope you added chemicals to remove the chlorine from the water.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

I used tap water too :( I don't have an RO unit. But I added API stress coat to the water so is that okay?

4. ComputerJohn

The problem with stress coat is that you must turn off your skimmer for a while. The skimmer will remove it from the water. Stress coat is more for freshwater and for cichlids.

5. starfish2217

hmmm well I didn't run my skimmer for a while after I added all of it in.... ugh i really need an RO unit.

6. ComputerJohn

Here's some info on it.

STRESS COAT, with the healing power of Aloe Vera, is scientifically proven to reduce fish stress and heal damaged tissue.* It forms a synthetic slime coating and replaces the natural secretion of slime that is interrupted by handling, shipping, fish fighting, or other forms of stress.* Helps reduce susceptibility to disease and infection.* Helps heal torn fins and skin wounds.* Reduces electrolyte loss.* Also works instantly to remove chlorine, chloramines and ammonia from tap water.* Neutralizes heavy metals. Use when starting a new aquarium, adding or changing water and adding fish.

I have used it when I had freshwater and cichlids, but never saltwater. Again, skimmer must be powered off while treating.

7. starfish2217

Thanks :) I am looking to getting an RO unit soon. so hopefully I wont have to use stress coat anymore..

8. Click Here!

9. ComputerJohn

If you planning on doing coral, you'll need a RO DI system. Cost a little more, but well worth it.

10. starfish2217

11. ComputerJohn

Here's a pic of mine. I had it custom made when I ordered it. It's a 7 stage unit with a HM digital TDS meter and a permeate pump. My water pressure is 70 psi and drops to about 55 psi under use. As you can see, my output is 000ppm. Yes know I need to change my sediment filter.

[​IMG]

12. starfish2217

Thats awesome, I have another thread "RO water" my mom will not let me hook up a RO unit under the sink at all. so im working on looking for a way to hook it up outside to the garden hose.