Help with Super Crocea (Page 2)

Discussion in 'Clams' started by Mobalized, Jan 18, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

2. Click Here!

3. Mobalized

Mobalized Teardrop Maxima Clam

The Duncan is weird it will be randomly closed sometimes then open wide the next

4. Mobalized

Some pictures I see the scrunched up areas but others I don't. I don't see any very noticeable spots on my clam. I see some tiny scrunches I think but I think they are just part of its normal appearance. Still just one side retracted

5. Nismo400rgtr

Nismo400rgtr Teardrop Maxima Clam

The clam doesn't really look like it's in trouble as 2in10 mentioned. Perhaps if we had pictures of it's mantle prior to what you've provided currently.

IME, Duncans are fairly good indicators of something being off. I think that's the origin of Corailline's question.

6. Mobalized

I definitely agree with the Duncans comments, it my salinity hits 1.026 they close up and will not open, but with it at .025 they spend most of the time open but occasionally close. Only thing I can think that caused the issue was gfo, that's the only thing that's changed. I will look for a picture.

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Did you hit up Mikejrice for his opinion? Maybe pm him.

8. Click Here!

9. Mobalized

I will do, also will try posting better pictures

10. Mobalized

The clam has opened back up a little further today, last night I added some baking soda to bring my alk a little higher after reading about people that had problems with clams when their alk was a little lower.

11. Mobalized

Well the clam had recovered from whatever ailment was bothering it, it had been a few weeks and I woke up to a hermit crab destroying it. Last night clam = looking amazing, this morning clam = hermit eating it. Rather disappointing.

12. clarkkey594

clarkkey594 Aiptasia Anemone

I've had this issue with some of my larger hermits as soon as I find that they go rogue I throw them in my fuge.