help with salifert mag test kit PLEASE

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by ladwpwrkr, Jul 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Yes that is correct. Use a level spoon full.8)

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. ladwpwrkr

ladwpwrkr Fire Worm

Man do I feel like a jack a** causing a scene at the lfs :-[ Good thing it wasnt my regular store....was my 1st time there, and prob won't be going to that one for a while.

Thanks all for the help and advice! I will retest and post my findings ;D

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  4. ladwpwrkr

ladwpwrkr Fire Worm

Well I hate to keep beating a dead horse:hammer:, but I just cant seem to win this one:furious3:....so I get home, excited to test my mag (usually never excited about testing)....seems I must have thrown away the lil red spoon!!!:hothead: I thought the lfs just threw that one in there, so I threw it away!!!! But of course I got the larger blue spoon tho:drool:
    Anyone got any suggestions? besides eyeballing how much of reagent #2 I should use. Is the red spoon exactly 1/2 of the blue spoon? HELP PLEASE!!!!

5. ladwpwrkr

ladwpwrkr Fire Worm

6. Vinnyboombatz

O.K. this is turning into a full time job.;D I just checked and you will need to try and get a half a blue spoonfull.

1 person likes this.
  7. ladwpwrkr

ladwpwrkr Fire Worm

HAHAHAHA :bouncylauI agree!! Im tired of this already, thanks for being understanding...3reefer's rule!! But all joking aside, I appreciate the help and research...THANKS!

8. Click Here!

9. Vinnyboombatz

No problem. Good luck!!;D

10. ladwpwrkr

ladwpwrkr Fire Worm

Ok so I went to my lfs today and they had an extra lil red spoon:victory:....I start to test and now another problem happens.....as I am drawing reagent #3 into the syringe, the lil pink tip falls into the bottle of reagent #3:uhoh: Ok no big deal right?...WRONG! I cant get my fingers in there, I try with a toothpick..no luck. I had a bright idea:idea:.....Ill use the lil red spoon I just got today...BAD IDEA! there was a lil residue of reagent #2 on the spoon!:pissed: Not a lot, but enough that when I put it in i saw a couple of purple swirls. Anyways, got it out with some tweezers....hopefully the metal has no effect on it. Like I said before, I cant win with this one!

Well I finally tested and according to my test, my Mg is 1635. Is this ok????

11. Vinnyboombatz

No thats a little high. If you got some powder in the #3 reagent it is going to mess up your readings. Sorry but it looks like you will need a new kit.:cry:

12. ladwpwrkr

ladwpwrkr Fire Worm

DAMN!! THIS SUCKS!! I thougt so....oklooks like after all the drama I still gotta go and get a new kit.