help with my hammer

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by BradJo9, Apr 12, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BradJo9

BradJo9 Astrea Snail

I had a tank crash and a few pieces survived and I bought a new(bigger) tank to start over. I discovered that the hammer coral that I had thought was a skeleton actually had the polyp let go from the branch(I have been told this was from calc deficiency) and land on the sand behind some rocks so I moved it to the new tank. It was opening up and I noticed that it was rolling around in the sand and saw that it had two mouths and they were fighting to stay on top facing the light. a few days ago it shriveled up and I thought that it might not like the sand and tried to put it on a plug when I took it out the heads were dangling buy a string to each other then I broke it on accident. Now they are still flat and I can see light through the mouths when I hold them up. they are in a tupperware with a screen to keep them from blowing under rocks. has anyone else had this experience? I see maybe one or two arms inflate and move a tad every now and then.

2. Click Here!

3. BradJo9

BradJo9 Astrea Snail

here is a pic from before the tupperware. I had them netted to a frag but someone suggested to do this.

Attached Files: