Help with metal stand

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by thetman36, Feb 28, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

You never put water in the tank, and the lfs won't take the whole thing back?

W T .....? I'd put pressure on him, or start posting his return policy!

Look on CL, you can get some pretty nice stuff for way less $.

BTW, I've done some welding in my day, and built a few things. That stand would have held, but it looked like a High School Welding project. Furthermore, the lfs I deal with would never have sold that stand for a SW tank to anyone.

Put some more pressure on them, better yet, file with the BBB!

If you never even used the stand, and it's so good, why won't he take it back?

2. Click Here!

3. thetman36

thetman36 Astrea Snail

good point not sure what his deal is he is a bit unstable to speak to. maybe bipolar even. He offered to have his guys come out when I was ready to do the final build and move the tank and level the stand and even cut any plywood and mount the ply wood to the metal stand with bolts. I guess his point is he stands by the product insisting nothing is wrong and i should save my money. But the fact is i have no confidence in the stand and that is all that should matter here. I may just use the stand in my work shop for a work bench.

4. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

and expensive work bench ;) like you said, your not happy with the product, and if he stands by it, he should make it right for you

5. The Grizz

The Grizz Astrea Snail

I have work benches that cost twice that much 8)

6. Anldyxp

Anldyxp Skunk Shrimp

I agree, if you're iffy about the thing it's best to take the loss on the stand and do it right the first time. A few months ago I upgraded my sump, and switched to a new stand to accommodate the sump. Draining the tank, removing livestock and everything was a pain in the ass....it was only a 20 gallon too :(.

@ rocketmandb: I noticed you're from Berkeley, I'll be moving to the bay area in a few months and will be looking for a new "home" lfs. Any recommendations? :)

7. thetman36

thetman36 Astrea Snail

My LFS is not a place i will be going to for anything else. unless it's an emergancy

8. Click Here!

9. Anldyxp

Anldyxp Skunk Shrimp

Yeah, it's hard to find a good lfs to frequent. Some have awesome livestock, dry goods, etc etc but are stupid and will rip you off. And some have moderate live stock but are just owned by nice, honest people. I went through about a dozen lfs' until I found the one that fit the bill. I do have a backup lfs though, in case my main one doesn't have what I need.:)

10. thetman36

thetman36 Astrea Snail

hay Grizz did you survive that bad weather I heard there were tornadoes round your parts.