Help with Favia placement

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by ANDRU24, Feb 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ANDRU24

ANDRU24 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have a chunk of favia about 2" x 3" with a skeletal depth of about 1.5"-2". I had it attached to some rock with super glue but the super glue seems to have melted the skeleton where it was touching.

Is there some other way to attach a favia to LR? Should I just leave it on the sandbed and not attach it to any rock?

2. Click Here!

3. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

I have my Favia just sitting on the rock about 15 inches under the 150 MH Bulb. It never falls. I have moved it a few times to reposition it. The need a lot of room around them or they sting anything they touch.

4. Dr.Fragenstein

Dr.Fragenstein Panda Puffer

If you REALLY want to attach it use a epoxy, put a SMALL amount on the under skeleton and adhere to a rock. Avoid touching the polyps too much as the more irritation the more likelihood of a bacterial infection and lost polyps.
    Also place in a spot of low to moderate flow.
    Kind of a tricky thing for me.... All my LPS get blasted with current and are never really as happy as they could be, darn SPS designed tank!!

Happy placing!!