help with dosing MAG

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Dubethenewb, Oct 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dubethenewb

Dubethenewb Bristle Worm

Tank is 16 months old. I just started testing mg two weeks ago and seen it was low and decided to fix it before I get my stonies

2. Click Here!

3. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Either way, if it's been depleated for a while, everything is going to absorb it for a bit.

4. Dubethenewb

Dubethenewb Bristle Worm

5. Dubethenewb

Dubethenewb Bristle Worm

ok so i have been dosing the recomended stock solution for a while now and the mg wont budge passed 1200 and if i skip a day and wait 48 hours to test it actually drops in mg. im thinking this stock solution of 4 teaspoons at 50ml a day isent going to cut it. i used a reef calculator and put in the numbers to raise it 70ppm so i could figure out a dosage and its saying to add 94.8g's of solution to raise 70ppm. so could i follow this or stick out the small dosage of what the bottle says of 20gs at 10ml per 20 gallons? i feel like im getting no where with this. when i dumped 40g's of an "overdose" i had no issues and no high rising in any levels so it makes me wonder if im doing it right? help please

also using this calc; http://reef.diesyst.com/chemcalc/chemcalc.html

and selecting magnesium chloride anhydrous; is this the correct product since they dont have the brightwell magession to be selected? ingredients on the bottle says magnesium chloride and sulfate..