Help with beginning a conversion to a reef!

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by jwalsh1, Apr 12, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jwalsh1

jwalsh1 Astrea Snail

Well, I just bought the 34 gallon Solana tank, Ill pick it up tomorrow. I got it for a good price from one of the mas a pa fish stores in the area (I always go there anyway, keep the little guys in business), and will be picking it up tomorrow. I cant wait.

Itll be a while before the next update. Had to shift some things around to get the tank while it was on sale (549 bucks). Itll be a month or so before anything happens.

As for the 75, I think I might do one of two things: store it for use as a reef later on down the road as the addiction takes its toll on me, or Im thinking about converting it to a FOWLR tank. That might be really nice.

Anyway, thanks to all for your help on this topic. When I start building the actual tank, Ill make a build thread on it.

Jason

2. Click Here!

3. tazzy695

tazzy695 Feather Duster

cool beans i wish I had almost 600 to blow on a tank wife would more than kill me

4. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

LOL , we went thrue all the drilling' all the "argumentation" .. and in the end....lol
    he go's and buys one...LOL

5. jwalsh1

jwalsh1 Astrea Snail

Hey, if thats what it takes to come to a decision, then what the heck, right?

Ill do the larger one later when my budget allows. The costs were rising too quickly for me to be comfortable with the project in the end. In order to get those costs I have to know what is involved.

6. tazzy695

tazzy695 Feather Duster

hey we all understand that keep us posted on how it works out for you

7. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

I agrree there , we all know the costs involved can easaly exceed a few thousand dollors quite quickly .

What ever you choose we're happy for ya , hope to see your tank up and running very soon .