Help Taking My Tank Apart To Sell It!!!!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by hottielover14, Oct 4, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

hey everyone, as u already know from my other thread I am selling my reef tank but im selling it as a kit wit the fish and LR. Im gonna put the fish in a bag with some water and im gonna put the LR in a box covered in wet newspaper...But the buyer doesn't have a tank so i was thinking of saving like half the water in my tank so he can mix wit half new saltwater. Cuz or else the fish will die if his tank isn't cycled but i have read that if u save half the water and with the LR, that it should be ok for the fish....will that work?

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Yeah save as much water as you can HL.
    Half would probably suffice.

---> Add the new water slowly! <--

What I would do is use a small powerhead or pump, and add the new water with that with some hose. YOu might need to throttle the pump down a bit. This will give the fish time to acclimate.

FIRST get the temps of the old and new water up.

Hope that helps.

4. hottielover14

ok so i save about half and then i have him add the new water slowly...i don't have a pump to do that..:(..how often would i have to add like a bucket of the new water to it..k ya that does help matt thanx..does anybody else have any idea's too?

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Well I'd just go as slow as you can with the new water.. whatever is possible.

Try to get him to make his water a day before so it can mix well and have him toss a heater in it if he can.

6. hottielover14

k i will ask him if he can, i dunno if he has a heater tho cuz he's buying my entire set up..it's his first time with a reef

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Ahh.. well alternatively you can add the new water to the tank, have it mix with the old water for a bit with the pumps and heater on, then float the fish bags and slowly... slowly... acclimate the fish.

8. Click Here!

9. hottielover14

k gotcha matt...thanx for ur help