Urgent Help! Switching everything to a new tank. Can fish go in cloudy water

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by mcroft803, Nov 7, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mcroft803

mcroft803 Plankton

so i am downgrading from a 150 gallon to a 72 and I set up my aquarium with 40 gallons of water from my 150 and 35 that I made up. My fish have been in my 150 overnight with the pump off and water level low so I am trying to switch them in the new tank. My problem is I used New caribsea sand and my water is extremely cloudy. Apparently I didnt rinse the sand well enough. I shouldnt get a cycle because I am transferring the live rock from my 150.

So...The question is can I put my fish in the 72 with cloudy water? I dont want them sitting in the 150 much longer. Any advice is appreciated!

2. Click Here!

3. mcroft803

mcroft803 Plankton

4. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

cloudy water wont hurt the fish maybe stress them and you will probably get a mini cycle if you didnt use live sand...if you have a hob filter laying around throw it on back and it will usually clear it up reasonably within a couple of hours

5. mcroft803

mcroft803 Plankton

Thank you! I dont have a HOB filter but it is starting to clear up a lot better after day 2. It was my understanding that using dry sand would not cause a cycle and that live sand would.