Help new Tang

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by antonym518, Sep 3, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Im glad that its just stressed and not sick. Great info PackLeader, just learned something new. Luna

2. Click Here!

3. antonym518

antonym518 Purple Spiny Lobster

KARMA!!!! Packleader

Thanks. I have her in a 75gal with a lot of open space, been down sizing my coral stock. Shes is about 3 inches. Tonight her color was looking even better. Its the same spots in your pics Packleader. Shes with a niger trigger. He has had no problems till recently eating the tail off my canary wrasse. the only one he hates. I feed them well so hopefully no issues. I will upgrade soon, but have read that they are slow growers. Maybe 220 in two years. She is already being cleaned by shrimp and pecking at everything. She is spitty the food, but at least trying it. Thanks for easing my mind.

4. jptrson

jptrson Feather Duster

I would say stress bumps, they will come and go. But stress can lead to ich, I would feed with garlic just for the heck of it.

5. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

A great thing to do with the tangs: Tie down a peice of washed, raw broccoli. Its something they can graze on all day and not effect params too much like overfeeding. It also will help with her coloration and boost her immune system.
    They are absolute PIGS, so get used to it! ;D