HELP MY CLAM MAY BE DYING!!!!!

Discussion in 'Clams' started by hottielover14, Aug 26, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Hey HL14 I'll go through the Light adjustment you could consider in detail in the morning. Got to go to bed now.

I'll Start a new thread.

J

2. Click Here!

3. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

To acclimate the corals to your new lighting you will want to get some egg crate and cover it with 3-5 sheets of screen wire. Every other day remove one sheet and on the last day remove the egg crate. Sorry about your clam. If you could pick up some lighting now you might be able to save him or you could give him to someone with halides. Either way he has a very low survival rate.

4. GraviT

GraviT Coral Banded Shrimp

If you consider adding another clam, you might want to go for a squamosa. I've seen many of them thrive under PC lighting. In fact, as soon as my tank matures a bit more, and I actually can find one, it will probably be my first.

I'm not an expert by any means, and could be totally wrong, but this is just my 2 cents.

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Hey,
    My squamosa clam is having the same problem, but it is fully shrivled. So maybe we can inform each other on our happinings so that we can help each other along the way. I'm looking it up right now on the internet.