Help me really bad fish tank!

Discussion in 'Algae' started by Moray Eel, Sep 19, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Moray Eel

Moray Eel Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I stick feed my snowflake i've been doing that ever since he bit me and wouldn't let go. I really dont have a lot of fish 3 is 3 alot? PS:My fish don't mind the eel he just sits in his cave poking his head out he only ate the shrimp and hermit crab because I forgot to feed him but now I always remember. Nobody wan'ts to buy my fish so I'm forced to keep them (I'm From minnesota not the greatest place for saltwater pretty much the only aquirums in my town is me and petco because EVERYONE likes freshwater you know cause Minnesota has 10,000 lakes.

2. Click Here!

3. Tropical Addict

Tropical Addict Bubble Tip Anemone

You need to do more than check your PH. Check all of your water param's and do a water change.

4. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

If you don't have a good lfs nearby, then you may need to order supplies off line. You'll need at least some basic test kits, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph. You will also probably want to look into a good protein skimmer and you will want to start doing some regular water changes.

5. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I have 2 tiny fish in my 55g and 2 small fish in my 46g, so its alot to me lol. Anyways, its too many for you to remove your rock and cook it (increase the salinity and cover it from light for a few weeks) This means you have a long road ahead if you want to be algae free. That good news is algae wont kill your fish, bad news, you better not go reef because it will cover your corals.

6. Moray Eel

I'll get a book on fish and how to keep
    them.

7. Moray Eel

I didn't say there wasn't a good fish store around here just not much people have saltwater anyway thanks for telling me what to buy!

8. Click Here!

9. Moray Eel

Do you think I should buy some astrea snails to clean up the tank?

10. Moray Eel

Ok i'm going to buy a PH, Amnoia, nitrite, nitrate test kits (I think I spelled Amnoia wrong;D)

11. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

That's a good start. The snails probably wont' be much of a help with that bad of an algae outbreak. I would focus on getting your parameters under control, then remove as much as you can by hand.

12. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

...but they will think they're in heaven ;D