Help me about my tank lighting

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by Mturanm, Jan 15, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mturanm

Mturanm Astrea Snail

we are a hotel in turkey, we made two salty water aquarium last year. <br />
    <br />
    my water test results are;<br />
    <br />
    tempreture: 22<br />
    salt: 1025<br />
    kh: 7<br />
    ca : 480<br />
    mg: 1350<br />
    amonia : 0<br />
    nitrite : 0<br />
    nitrate: 30<br />
    phospate: 0,06<br />
    <br />
    i have these good results but i cant grow lps, i can just grow zoa mushroom, leather...<br />
    <br />
    i think that i have a problem about the height of the aquariums for the lighting. but as you seen in the photos i use 4x400w mh lamps and 2 blue 30w led lamps for each one. what do you think about this stuation, please help me <br />
    <br />
    [​IMG]<br />
    resim upload servisleri<br />
    <br />
    [​IMG]<br />
    resim yuklemek

2. Click Here!

3. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

If you are keeping soft corals running some carbon is a good idea. What kinds of corals are you trying to keep??Are you using natural seawater or a synthetic salt??Tap water??rodi??Please let us know a little more about the sump/filtration as well.Water change routine?It looks like there is a lot of ambient light in the room but your leds are way too high to be of much use.What type of MH bulbs are they?How old are they??Spectrum??:-/.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014