Help injured anemone

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by CzyPvt, Aug 15, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

Not real sure what that would be. I am not too good with names. A picture will definitely help.

Polyps and mushrooms usually need low to moderate lighting. Nothing some T5s won't fix.

Brennen likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Brennen

Brennen Plankton

If you have a standard 48" 75 gallon tank I would strongly reccomend a 6x bulb t5 fixture. You will have a lot of success and it will not cost you nearly as much as a proper led fixture. LED's can be tricky the only real ones I trust are ecotech radion's, vertex illumina, pacific sun, ATI, giesemann. These will all cost you a lot of money compared to t5 lighting. In my opinion the best reefer light on the market is the ATI power module.

4. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

ATI has the best bulbs IMO. I have a DIY "fixture" built into the hood on my tank so I can't help you on the quality of the fixture for T5s.

5. CzyPvt

CzyPvt Astrea Snail

I have a 20G tank and I want to turn that into a mainly coral tank so for me the damsels are a easy and pretty addition. Plus I know that the will not mess with the small frags in the tank. Lucky for me the LFS gave me about 3 different pieces sitting under their display and a few nomad mushrooms for $2 total. And the damsels are less than an inch in length. I purchased the light at a reputable LFS and the anemone at a smaller LFS. The thing is the dealer was able to easily shake the anemone off of the rock it was resting on. That should of been a sign. Upside it was only $30. But will talk and visit both LFSs tomorrow.

mdbostwick likes this.
  6. CzyPvt

CzyPvt Astrea Snail

Thanks for the advice. This is something that I will be asking about when I go to switch my lighting out tomorrow.

7. Brennen

Brennen Plankton

Damsels are pretty if its a small tank you should be fine. They just like to pick on other fish like tangs which can be tough to acclimate. You shouldn't have that issue tho in a 20 g tank it is to small for sturgeon fish. If it is a 20gallon long you should be able to find a nice t5 fixture for cheap 3-4 bulbs would be nice. premium aquatics right now has some UV bulbs on sale for dirt cheap (6.99 a tube) there usually around 20$. Good luck tomorrow.

Billme likes this.