Help injured anemone

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by CzyPvt, Aug 15, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CzyPvt

CzyPvt Astrea Snail

It's LED. Not sure what T5 is. Will get me a reef test kit.

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

OH I see. What is the name brand.

I guess my point is, typically Anemone require a great deal of quality light and very good water quality. i wouldn't call them expert but i would consider them advanced.

What else is in your tank? How long has it been running?

4. Brennen

Brennen Plankton

I would have left it in the display tank isolating it is probably going to be a death sentence. If it dies in the main tank its not going to crash your tank like some people say they do. When a nem is doing poorly the worst thing you can do is play with it move it and force feed it. You just gotta leave them be and hope for the best.

5. CzyPvt

CzyPvt Astrea Snail

I have another hem, tomato clown, 2 memos, a yellow tang, a sailfin, a green chromes, 5 damsels, a few polyps, a few mushrooms, 4 feather dusters, handful of hermits, and a handful variety of snails.

IT has been running since March. and we purchased it from another person we preserved the same water, so it has been established for a while.

6. CzyPvt

CzyPvt Astrea Snail

The light is Current Orbit Marine LED

7. Brennen

Brennen Plankton

I think its chances of survival will be best in your main tank. Just remove it if it starts falling apart. Bubbles are very tolerant compared to other anemones. I don't think it has any chance surviving in a 5g tank that was just setup you could have ammonia rise with no filtration and quickly end it.

8. Click Here!

9. CzyPvt

CzyPvt Astrea Snail

I am in the process of constructing a slotted plastic bin that will float in the tank via styrofoam. The temp in the 5G cannot be maintained.

10. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

11. CzyPvt

CzyPvt Astrea Snail

12. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

I hate to say, but that fixture will not be powerful enough for your anemone. It is more of a fish only or some coral with low light needs. It averages .25 watts per LED diode and the anemone will need in the 3 watt per diode range.