Help ID these for me please

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by newton27, Sep 4, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

The first pic is a Rhodactis sanctithomae, its a cross between a Rodactis and a Ricordea.

Here is a pic of another kind...
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. JustPhish

JustPhish Peppermint Shrimp

The mushroom pictured above is from the caribbean and is definitely not the mushroom in the first pic from the original poster. The mushroom from the caribbean has actual bubble like tentacles where the rhodactis in the first pic has long stringy type tentacles.

Also, you don't see the caribbeans one all too often. I get them every now and again because I like them.

4. JustPhish

i've got an MRI to see if I am still insane in my membrane in a few minutes. When I get back I will post my own pictures of both animals.

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I could have saved you a trip to the doctor and some money if you had just asked me :D

6. JustPhish

Well I did. You gave the first opinion, last night was the second.

7. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

8. Click Here!

9. newton27

newton27 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Hey guys, the feedback is great! I know about the emerald crabs, I have 4 and they never touch the stuff, on the other hand, the only agressive one to ever feed on them is my new little yellow tang. He really love the stuff. I know when he eats it the spores are released but it is just to much to worry with. I have very carefully removed some, now I really dont care. They dont seem to cause a problem, yet...
    I have also located some more sponges, they are all different colors; yellow, the red one, and two white.
    On another note, the purple and pink algea on my glass walls is starting to come the front, I can't get it to come off with the mag glass cleaner, what else can I use to remove it?