HELP, I found a baby anemone!

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Destimondia, Jan 22, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Destimondia

Destimondia Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

What i have is for sure not a strawberry anemone. Would you say, since my tank has no other anemone or corals and just 3 hermit crabs and 3 snails, should i just remove a lot of the rocks from my tank and inspect them and then remove the pest anemone so like that i for sure won't have anymore anemone?

2. Click Here!

3. zoazack911

zoazack911 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

If it is Aiptasia the easiest way i found to kill em is by injecting them with concentrated kent liquid calcium. Injected directly into them with a meat injector kills em dead fast and any calcium you squirt into the water only helps the tank.

4. Destimondia

Destimondia Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I heard you could just use really hot almost boiling water and inject them with it

5. mozz

mozz Plankton

Aptasia. Get rid of it.

6. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

This is a good idea (and where I would start), also lemon juice, joe's juice, aptasia x, all are injectables. There's also kalk paste. Then you could cover em in epoxy or remove the rock and nuke it. The options are nearly endless.

7. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

If no corals are in the tank,stay away from joes juice and aiptasia x.I've had luck with these products,but i've also had them release spores and ended up with more than I started with.The hot water with a turkey baster always seems to do the trick for me as it also kills any (or most) spores that get released.

8. Click Here!

9. zoazack911

zoazack911 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Boiling water is a good way as long as there are no corals close enough to get damaged. I dont like the lemon juice idea because i dont like to inject acid into my fish tanks.

10. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

i use to fight them with lemon juice and if the aiptasia is big enough it will survive! best bet is to get a single peppermint and let him do his thing. you wont see him eat them but you will notice theme vanishing day after day till one day BOOM no more.

11. Little Shrimp

Little Shrimp Astrea Snail

If it is an aptaisa, then you will want to kill it as fast as possible. I found one on a small piece of live rock when I started my tank. I just took the rock out and boiled the entire thing for 40 mins in a lemon juice/water bath. I then let it sit out over night to dry. Don't mess around with those things, they will take over your tank very fast. Kill it, KILL IT WITH FIRE! lol

12. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

Boiling water will NOT work. It will shrivel them down for a month maybe two, but they will be recover. I have not had much success killing aiptasia, majano, or brown button polyps. They are all very resiliant to the thing's I've done to them.

Luckily I've never had aiptasia or majano, you gotta QT your rocks if nothing else!