help i am missing fish

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by RGA107, Aug 27, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. RGA107

RGA107 Astrea Snail

the cat fishing is a doubtfull i have an ucovered chiclid<my "piranas"> tank that the fish go strait to anything that moves outside the tank thinking food is coming and cat sits on top of light and they just about jump out of the water to get the "food" he has and none of them have gone missing is funny to watch the cat and fish "playing" with each other cat sits on light and reaches towards the water but is afraid to get wet and the fish jump out of tank and try to get the food they think he has and splash him and he runs and hides in the corner and licks the scary water off then trys again

but the salt fish hide in the rock when he comes around

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Most likely the fish jumped out then.

4. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

i know this is a LONG shot but maybe you have an octopus or cuttlefish. Again, VERY unlikely but they are masters at camoflauge. from reading this im gonna stay up tonight and watch my tank with a red light for fun.

5. RGA107

RGA107 Astrea Snail

i want a cuttlefish but would need a bigger tank and a few more years to prepair first

6. RGA107

RGA107 Astrea Snail

today i came home from work today and have the worst 8hour alga bloom i have ever seen so at least one of the mising fish must still be in the tank some where going to try moving the LR again and looking for bodies didnt find any last time but who knows must be something

7. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

have we discovered the answer to this mystery yet?

8. Click Here!

9. RGA107

RGA107 Astrea Snail

not sure on alga type looks like diatom but green instead of brown so not sure what it is

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  10. RGA107

RGA107 Astrea Snail

the mistery is coming together i know at least one lept from the tank but not sure why
    and i am fairly sure from the alga that one is still in the tank some where

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  11. JBL

JBL Sea Dragon

If you have an open tank, its possible the others jumped out and the cat ate them. The sailfin was just to big possibly for one meal, which is why your cat was carrying him.
    You could also try to see where your cat might have "moved" them too. Mine like to take leftover food he found, (inc a mouse!) and keep them in a closet corner. Found that by surprise cleaning one day.

1 person likes this.
  12. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

ooo maybe Poirot has entered and hit the nail on the head??