Help!! GHA outbreak!

Discussion in 'Algae' started by sjn1282, Oct 30, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sjn1282

sjn1282 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Yea im gonna get one. I have heard everyone say do it incase they dont change the filters and all. The ro unit i was is the one from brs with the built in tds meter.

2. Click Here!

3. Fernando77

Fernando77 Astrea Snail

How can you tell if the rodi water I am getting from the lfs is a problem?

4. sjn1282

U need a tds meter to measure the "total dissolved solids". Good water should read 0ppm or very close to it from what i have read. Some people have said a few ppm is accectable and others say 0 is where u want to be.

5. sjn1282

I went and bought a sea hare. Afte 20 mins already he has half a a rock clean! Hes a beast! Lol ill update over the next few days to let everyone know how he does. Im getting a ro/di for christmas and have my phosban running gfo so it looks like im gonna win this war!!

6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

7. sjn1282

Thanks for all the advice from everyone!!! Ill keep updating. Hopefully ill be able to enjoy my tank again soon. Its been horrible with this stuff in there for months now and i havent wanted to add any corals(even tho i put a few in lol). One other question is i cant seem to keep zoas or palys cuz my emeralds keep picking at them and eating them. Anyone have this problem? Ive caught them doing it and have one frag with about 5 heads in my fuge and one with the same in the dt that i have been watching and pulling them off to stop them. They havent touched it in a few days since the last time i pulled one off. Maybe i scared tem away lol.