Help Fuge Build

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by bsutton, Aug 2, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

Ok,
    decided to make a larger drawing, should help some of the confusion.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. bsutton

bsutton Feather Duster

Plumbing question

Hey Telgar. My DT is a 90 reef ready with two holes drilled in the corner. Should I follow this plumbing sketch as well? My corner overflow kit is 1 1/2" inline with 3/4 " return. I'm trying to get a parts list together. From what I've read the return should match my 3/4", correct? I'm not sure what size pvc should be going to fuge as well as everything above the sump/fuge. :-/ Also since the return and inline holes are so close, would I have 2 seperate plumbing or tie them together? Should the return just be flexhose straight from return pump to the corner overflow? I was also going to use Oatey Rain or shine blue glue with Oatey Purple primer. If any one would like to chime in feel free to. Thanks.

Brian

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  4. mike007

mike007 Sea Dragon

Hi, Can't believe I missed this thread! Nice progress. I made a sump a while ago here's the thread :http://www.3reef.com/forums/i-made/sump-build-just-like-christmas-91999.html

As far as the PVC cement and primer go,This is the stuff. It's pretty cheap and works well. I'm going to be doing my new plumbing soon.

Not sure what you mean with the flex-hose for the plumbing? maybe a pic would help?

5. bsutton

bsutton Feather Duster

Thanks, yeah I picked up that PVC cement package deal at home depot this weekend. I've seen people use PVC or the clear soft plastic hose for the return. Just cant decide on which to go with. Nice thread by the way.
    Brian

6. mike007

mike007 Sea Dragon

Thanks, I'm planning on updating it soon. (It's Been forever!! lol)

I would use rigid PVC pipe for the return unless it would mean a ton of elbows to get it where you want to go. In that case, use the flex-hose all the way.

Also, don't know if you already knew this but make sure not to glue all pieces of PVC together. You are gonna want to leave some unglued to move them for adjustments, cleaning, etc.

7. bsutton

bsutton Feather Duster

Once I come up with my game plan, let me know what to glue and what not to glue. My build thread should start late next week.

Brian

8. Click Here!

9. mike007

mike007 Sea Dragon

I'll look out for it ;)

P.s. how did things finally pan out with your 360?

10. bsutton

bsutton Feather Duster

I bought him a new one.

Brian

11. mike007

mike007 Sea Dragon

Cool. The new ones look really nice.