Urgent help!!... did i just killed my chromis or what?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by elweshomayor, Dec 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. blazinlow89

blazinlow89 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I agree with everyone else wait it out, if he doesnt appear he is probably dead. But i do hope you at least find out what happened.

Like epsilon said he could be hiding in a rock, we picked up some fish and live rock a few weeks ago and the guys wife kept telling me that there where 2 yellow tail damsels in the tank that morning but i only pulled one out. WEll i put the LR in a cooler filled with SW to keep it live and it sat for a good 4 hours while i redid the Lionfish tank and set up the new wrasse tank. Well i put 3 decent size pieces in the wrasse tank and set him loose and was putting ht rest into the lionfish tank when my girl told me that there was a fish in it. She grabbed him and put him in the reef tank, just glad we notice before i unleashed the lion back into his tank.

Just wait it out, takes alot of patience in this hobby.

2. Click Here!

3. piezopaul

piezopaul Bristle Worm

I agree with waiting. I was taking down a 75g, had everything out and couldn't find a chromis that was hiding. A good thought is that he's closed into a space, so gingerly lightly and gently moving some stuff around a little is not a bad idea. I also agree that in a relatively settled 150g you might not see a spike from one dead chromis. Good lick and keep on truckin'.- Paul

4. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Back about 4 months ago, I did not see a spike from a dead gramma, when i found it , it was noting but a bit of a head left :|

5. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

hmm.. well people i found it.........................dead.... he did jumped.

i have no idea how the heck he got to the place where i found him but he was under my 29g.. it was at least 4 feet away from my 150...

im so pissed i didnt see him before.. i looked there and i didnt see him..( probably since i was nervous i just didnt see him)

6. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

Sorry man. At least you didn't rip it all apart for nothing.

7. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

yea..:(

is it possible for me to replace it without the new one getting bullied?

8. Click Here!

9. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

also can someone change the status of my thread to resolved? (still need the asnwer to the above though..)