HELP. Cyano or Algae? I am going nuts!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by NittyGritty, Oct 30, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

Yeah, I was thinking about doing so. And the fact within the last week I have swapped about 60% of my water out. Argh, this hobby so beautiful and such a pain. ::)

I also have crap odessa bulbs right now. Thinking about Geismann (sp?) any bulb combo suggestions? 4 54w

2. Click Here!

3. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

Any ideas on how to calm this skimmer down or what to do while its just pumping water into the cup?

4. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

LOL @ Coralline. Great minds think alike!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  5. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

One thing I have learned in this hobby (and I have only been in this for almost 2 years) is to never, never try to do too many things at one time.

As far as the skimmer goes, it sounds like you may need to open up the skimmer a little. Turn your adjustment tube completely open and then turn it back until the bubbles crown up to the neck of the skimmer.

6. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

i have an older euro reef with the tube that you lift up and down. I have messed with it and it doesnt seem to help. I read that after you use the chemclean this happens. I guess I will just keep the top off and let it settle down over time.